Followers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What's Trendy Wednesday: Summer Party

Welcome to my first edition of What's Trendy Wednesday!  It's kind of funny that I'm picking "Trendy" to write about each week because, for the most part, I am a traditionally classic kind of girl and am always a little cautious in the trends that I try.  I believe that every woman should have a classic trench, a LBD, a pair of classic black trousers and/or classic black skirt, a white blouse, a pair of black heels, and of course a strand of pearls in her wardrobe.  I have the same philosophy about "dressing" your home---purchase great quality neutrals in those big ticket pieces (couch, dining furniture, bedroom furniture, etc. ).  Accessorize with the trends!  I am not bold enough to purchase a zebra chaise (although often, I wish I could be a little crazy like that!) , but a zebra pillow.  Why not?  Through this series, I hope to run down the trends and become a little more adventurous in my own home!

I'm getting ready for a PartyLite Candle Party for my friend Sarah.  I can't wait!  It will be a great time to reconnect with college friends!  When I'm planning a party, I like to start with a color scheme.  LOVE LOVE LOVE that color is such a focus right now!  Often, I find a piece of fabric or ribbon that I build my party around.  This time, I find my inspiration in the oh-so-trendy feathers!  Feathers are everywhere---even in hair (which I have not been bold enough to try)!  But party and tablescapes...let's do it! Some of my favorites I've spotted were at my local HobLob.                                                           

                                                           

                                                            Peacock Eye Dyed

How much fun to build a summer party around these colors?  Turquoise and lime green---those colors scream summer and fun!!!

Invitation Duck offers these super cute invites!  Love both of these!!!!



                         

Ombre fabrics are totally hot right now.  I saw this fabric from Mood fabrics.  Ties for chairs?

                                     

Love the utensils wrapped in the turquoise napkin with raffia wrapped around and the shell attached.  Too cute!!!  I also love the melamine plates!     

                                                     

I think an arrangement in a tall clear vase with sand and shells in the bottom and little green mums would be so cute!!  The peacock feather might be a bit much...but the colors picked up in a ribbon around the vase would be presh!
                                        

Menu:  maybe this shrimp and feta cobb salad and some pimento cheese???

                                Shrimp & Feta Cobb Salad: A Healthier Salad In A Jar by Jennifer Leal @savorthethyme   Pimento Cheese & Miss Mary's Canned Pimentos

Or these BLT wraps???  A dear friend makes these and they are soooooooo good!!  Steph---who stole your recipe???  It's all over Pinterest?!?!


                                                 BLT Wraps Recipe | Best Tailgating Recipes


This Peach Tea Punch looks delish....

                                                 Governor's Mansion Summer Peach Tea Punch. This sounds so good. Cat G. wrote this on my board: I've made this twice, and it's fabulous!!

as does this Pineapple Sangria!

                                                 Pineapple Sangria  - a must try!

I can't wait to see how it all turns out!   Have you thrown a party with turquoise and lime?  I'd love any ideas you have to share!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment