Followers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

That's Pinteresting Thursday: Fall Prep

Did she really say FALL??  Yep, I did!!  Because of the crazy job that I have, somehow I lose August and September every year. During my best years, I start planning for fall and Halloween in the summer.  Kinda crazy, I know!  Plus, NOW is when the craft stores have the best selection of fall fabrics, ribbons, and craft items!

I've been pinning like crazy--and, I must not be the only one who is thinking about fall because I've noticed lots of Halloween stuff popping up in the last couple of weeks!  All of these are from my "Boo" board---none of these are mine...but they will be!!!

I pinned the mercury glass pumpkin last night---and I think that this is going to be my inspiration for Halloween this year.  And--the best part---I can continue to use some of the elements through the ENTIRE holiday season!  I'm talking maybe even through Easter, y'all!!!  How awesome and efficient would that be!!!

                              'Looking glass' spray can transform pumpkins into these gorgeous centerpieces! Use a white spray first to get the best effect.  Artfully decorate your pumpkins in gold and silver for a glittering Halloween display.

I LOVE mercury glass!  I've been collecting it since I was a little girl and fell in love with my Nana's mercury glass Christmas ornaments.  When I was a little girl, I remember picking some of the ornaments up and them crumbling in my hands.  She lived in Pensacola, and she kept them in a detached garage.  The Florida heat and humidity are brutal on mercury glass!!  I cried for weeks!!

I have several mercury glass dishes and candle holders--those are the pieces that could take me through the season!  I love the pumpkins above because with a change of a ribbon and a garland, they could totally go from Halloween to Thanksgiving!!!  And, I found this fun product last year at Christmas to further help me achieve my mercury glass inspired Holiday season!

                                              Krylon K09033000 Looking Glass Mirror-Like Aerosol Spray Paint, 6-Ounce

How about THIS for inspiration!  Enough to make me swoon!!!


                                                          Awesome Halloween porch

This porch is  AMAZING---and again, by adding some ribbon, tulle, and a spider web, this could totally work for Halloween!



                                                           halloween wreath

What a fun wreath this is?!?!  By adding some silver balls---or even substituting the silver for the orange, this would be perfect with my mercury glass theme!  (And, if I planned this right, I could attach the ornaments to the wreath form, then add the black boa.  I could replace the black boa with a white one for a Christmas wreath WAL-LAH!  HHMMMM!)

Now for the inside:  I'm a sucker for sunflowers!  LOVE these---and love that they are suspended from a piece of old wood!

                                                            A foam ball and fake flowers... cute!

This is Sarah's (Thrifty Decor Chick) Halloween Display from last year.  John Pierson saw it and immediately said that we "Have to have the bats!".   I think I have a stack of black card stock, so I guess I will be purchasing the bat file from Silhouette!  Love the Boo letters too--think we already have some of those!!!

                                                             great ideas . . .

This is right up my alley!!  I know I have an enamel bucket just like that--and a smaller version of the galvanized tub!!  Will need to make an "Autumn" sign, though!)


                                                              Beautiful decor.  Love the barn door shutters

These are super easy!  Already have the candle holders to use as a base...might even use some mercury glass candle holders!

                                                              .

 Definitely want to do these!

                                                            Halloween

Yes, I'm that sentimental Mom!!!
 Will need to make these, too!  So cute!!!

                                  count down!   halloween

And these, too...LOVE these buckets for the boys'!

                                                          Halloween buckets!

Definitely will be making these for the boys' and my classes!!!!   Mrs. Bobbie will love these treats in the middle for the babies!  So easy for her!!!
    
                                     favors!     The Party Dress blog...
                                                              halloween party favor

Love these, too, for teachers' gifts and special friends' treats!!!

                                   Fall snack mix!  For a cute gift, stack these up for guests to take home from a party or autumn celebration!    mason jar jack o lanterns.

I'm a planner...can't you tell???!!!  This helps give me time to gather what I REALLY want instead of settling for something I don't want!

Shopping radar list:  basic decor in silver/black,  mercury glass anything, buckets for the boys' candy, wood for the "countdown", frames and scrapbook paper for "eek", jars for the jack o lantern treat jars, white and black boas, silver ornaments, wreath form, canvases for the spider web and ghost prints, sign for "Autumn", sunflowers and Styrofoam spheres, jars for teachers' snack mix

Things to make:  black bats, countdown sign, Autumn sign, EEK sign. candy buckets, jack-o-lantern jars, wreath, tags for Boo lollipop stickers & ghost poop, sunflower kissing balls

WOW!!  I feel better already!!!  Happy Haunting!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment