Followers

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mason Jar Floral Centerpiece-Frogs and Clay and Wood, Oh, My!

I mentioned in my Trippin' Tuesday post this week about our recent trip to Biloxi.  With the conference agenda, my husband got a note to bring some door prizes.  So, I got busy creating some Mason Jar Centerpieces and picture frames. (I'll post about the frames later!)


 I had mentioned in one of my previous posts that I have a secret "frog" in my mason jar floral displays.
The hubs had some hardware cloth in the garage.  Score!  (SSSHHH!  Don't tell him I "borrowed" some!)

 
I also borrowed his snips.


I cute the hardware cloth to fit the jar lid.  For this size cloth, I started with a 5 x 5 piece, then snipped each corner so that  there were twelve squares in the middle and and all the edges were open. (I basically cut the corners off.)






Then, I put the "frog" into  the open jar lid.


This grid allows you to put your flowers in the jar and spaces them out perfectly!


I added one of my clay tags and some twine.  Then, added three jars to this mason jar planter box.







Voila!!!  The planter box came from Shanty 2 Chic!  They have a great tutorial about how to make this from a furring strip!!! I hope the 2 winners of these are enjoying them!  I also made extra jars so that I would have the perfect back-to-school treat for the school's office staff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment