Followers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What Teachers REALLY do in the Summer {or Planning for the Upcoming Year!}

I like change---I guess I get bored easily.  This is actually a great attribute of a teacher because one thing all of us teachers need to be ready for is CHANGE...like EVERY YEAR...like BIG CHANGES!    Usually by the end of the school year, I've already made decisions about what changes will occur in my classroom for the following year:  new ways to teach concepts the previous year's class struggled with, what technology I'm going to incorporate, any new trends in culture to grab the kids' attention, all the way to the really fun stuff...the DECOR!!  And, Pinterest has REALLY helped!!  (Pinterest addict #1!!)  Here is a sneak peek into my classroom for the 2012-2013 school year.....


My inspiration is from this great series that I had been wanting to read for a year or so now.  I read both books in 3 days....the rest of the books are on my summer reading list!  I also LOVE Disney.  C'mon?!?!  Who doesn't love Mickey!!  Minnie is one lucky girl!!!  However, I teach 5th grade.  You know, the BIG DAWGS, so, the decor has to be totally cool!  I'm giving a nod to the Mouse himself with this color scheme.  Not a surprise, but outside of my usual palette.   Although, I have a little  red, white, & black in my past--Alpha Love!


Tulle....just tulle.  Definitely need some pattern in there-that will be on my list to pick up!  I also want to add some silver into the mix!


I did find these little fun things at Michael's.  Think I might use them for my "Bucket Fillers" display but will need to pick up some more!


I found these fun items in the scrapbook sections of my faves, Hobby Lobby and Michaels.


....and for a little ribbon action!  


What in the world???  Thumb tacks and clothespins??  I promise it is NOT for anything "unprofessional"!!  We have cork strips outside of our classrooms to hang student work.  I saw on Pinterest, of course, that someone had glued thumbtacks onto the backs of clothespins.  GENIUS!!!  My billboard crew, aka the kids who are in charge of putting all the other kids' work in the hall for me, will be able to use these efficiently.  All they will have to do is move the clips around and attach the students' work.     Ea---zy     Pe---azy!!


Here is the finished product!  I love how they turned out!  I made 50 of them just in case....
I can't wait to create some more Disney Magic!  I have GREAT things planned for my door--will even be placing some "Hidden Mickey's" around the room!   Oh---I can't wait to show you how I'm going to incorporate the princesses!  If you have decorated your classroom or child's room in a Disney theme, I would love to hear what you did!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment