Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Burlap Wall Hanging

Pinterest has totally re-awakened that crafty side of me!  (Translation:  Pinterest has totally taken over my life!)  I LOVE IT!  I am totally addicted...and researching a 12 step program as we speak!  Pinterest is the inspiration for my new addition to our master bedroom.   Through Pinterest I found Ashley and Whitney from Shanty 2 Chic.  I LOVE these girls!  They totally get me--and they don't even know me!  I saw this and knew that I had to make one for about our bed!!!



http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2009/09/whitneys-burlap-wall-art.html

Whitney gives a perfect (of course) tutorial about how she stapled the burlap onto the back of the canvas and attached her wood molding.  Instead of stenciling paint onto the canvas, I bought some wooden pieces from Lowe's, painted them, and attached them to the canvas using Gorilla Glue!

Here's my version:

I LOVE how it turned out!  (I do wish I had looked at how straight the molding was before I bought it.  I know better!!)  It did take 2 pieces of molding.  $35 for custom art work for our master...not too bad!!!


2 comments:

  1. Had to comment...I am addicted to anything burlap so this is right up my alley! It was great to meet you at Haven and will be following all my fellow Mavens blogs. Mine is new too, but hey, we gotta' start somewhere right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I know...wasn't it the best!! I loved meeting you, too!!! I'm addicted to burlap---started in my first house when I made burlap curtains to put in a BOOKSHELF I was using for a pantry!!!

    ReplyDelete