Followers

Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Craft Haven

We have been working on our upstairs since we moved into our home four years ago. My sweet husband finished it about 3 months ago.  It's a combo Man Cave for my boys/Craft Haven for me.  I needed it, too, with all the craft junk wonderfulness that I have!  My craft junk had been stuffed into 2 closets, under beds, in the corner...everywhere.  I'm slowly getting it organized!!!

Ribbon, ribbon, and MORE ribbon-I lost count as to how many rolls I had!  I've tried several organizing methods, and priced some solutions online (which were, ummmm, PRICEY!).  I had this great oversized frame I had bought at the local junk store.  Frame + curtain rods = Ribbon BLISS!


Confession:  Jason had to help me with this one!  Because the edges of the frame are not flat, he had to use the jig saw to cut into the frame to attach the rod hardware.  So...if you are going to do this project, choose a frame that has flat molding!  It will be a lot easier!!!

My sweet friends Cindy & Taylor of Connor Claire Frames gave me a frame for making some party pieces for a graduation party.  I had a couple of ideas what I was going to do with it...this is what I came up with!  MORE STORAGE!!!  Ok, girls, the peg boards are not JUST for your husband's garage!!  They can be cute, too!!!


I painted the peg board purple to go with our mustard/purple/sage Louisiana Mardi Gras room.  I added a little glue to the peg board and hung it up!  EASY!!!   I love the tea light holders that are hanging on the right side.  Target Dollar Spot ROCKS!!!  Connor Claire Frames are GORGEOUS!!  Check out their Facebook page! Connor Claire Frames

Here is the BIG picture:

And, no, it doesn't always look like this!  I cleaned up for y'all!

The boys also have a special place to create!  This is an old table that Jason cut to fit into the corner.  I painted it with chalk board paint!


Had to show you all this picture, too!  Check out the upside down person!!!  Think we might have some dyslexia issues?!?!?!?!  Oh, my!!!!  That's ok, this baby and my big one draw the most beautiful pictures!!!


I think Jason and I will one day have an apartment in a huge shop!  Half with all of his tools and stuff/half with tons of cabinets and work tables for me!  One day...but until then, I love creating in my happy space!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment