Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

LeAnn meet Annie Sloan!

About a year ago, when I dove head first into blogging world, I saw that everyone was using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I LOVE to paint, but like most people, hate the prep work!  So as soon as I found it, I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!  I am so fortunate to live near a ASCP stockist, Stacey at  Faux Studio Designs.   I paid a little visit to her store in Pelham.  I bought some paint and signed up for a painting class!!  Here is what we did:


I learned to "Annie lamps".  LOVE how this little baby turned out!  I think this is Provence with dark wax on top!


Then we "Annie'd" a plain old piece of plywood!  Old White & Paris Gray...in LOVE!!   For those of you who do not know Annie yet, she does this stenciling treatment inside the furniture she paints.  She stencils randomly with different paints and different patterns.  Of course, mine is just an attempt at greatness!

We painted a piece of molding.  This sweet little thing now has a knob on it and hangs in my house!



Our final project was to "Annie" a cabinet door.  This is Old White and Duck Egg Blue with dark wax on top.  My dream home is a little farmhouse with cabinets that look like THIS!!!

Anyway, for my Birmingham friends, go meet Stacey at Faux Studio Designs.  She is so ridiculously talented.  You can check out her work at Annalyce's Bake Shop on 280.  (The "granite" countertop---it's not granite.  Stacey painted it to look like granite!!!)  It will give you an excuse to get a cupcake; I mean do research!!!





3 comments:

  1. Hi LeAnn,
    It was great to meet you at the opening program of Haven! I too am obsessed with ASCP! Who wouldn't be, right? I'm a new follower and looking forward to seeing more of your creations.
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, It was great to meet you, too!!! Thanks for following me...this is so much fun!!! :) Oh---Annie Sloan will friend you on Facebook. I sent her a request not ever thinking she would accept and she DID!! On her page, she has some beautiful pieces in her new color. TO DIE FOR!!!
      LeAnn

      Delete
    2. Danielle....were you the lucky winner of the ASCP big package???? I thought I saw you on FB with the basket. SO TOTALLY JEALOUS!! But I'm so glad you WON!! Whoop! Whoop!

      Delete