Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Thrifting....and a glimpse of me!


Yes, I admit...I LOVE to thrift!  I got hooked several years ago when I first moved to Birmingham.  My very dear friend, Tree, and I went thrifting; and I found a strand of black jet beads that looked exactly like a strand my grandmother had.   I was HOOKED.  I love  vintage, shabby chic, rustic--and, yes, occasionally a good modern piece with clean lines!!!  I love antiquing--but the best place I have found to combine all my quirky styles is the thrift store!   I am lucky that I live in an area surrounded by several good thrift stores!! :)

Here is a glimpse of a corner in my living room:

Lamp:  thrift store!  Painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Old White w/ASCP dark wax on top.  The lamp shade was nasty, so I glued on this cute little burlap ruffle!!
Shutters:  Habitat Thrift Store and painted w/ ASCP with regular wax on top
Table:  Thrift store--my sweet Hubs painted it for me with his spray gun!!!
Table scarf:  That one is from an antique store in Anniston--but I SO had to have it!  Isn't it sweet?!?!

The wooden pedestal with glass dome--also thrift store!  This is one of those cheese domes.  I glued a wooden candle holder to the bottom with my Gorilla Wood Glue and painted with my favorite Rustoleum Heirloom White.  I found this sweet little bird's nest in the natural floral section of Hobby Lobby!!!

Last summer, I made this frame from a 2x8 and some random wooden pieces from Hobby Lobby.  (This is when I fell head over heals with the Blogging world.  I'm not sure which blog made these frames first--but they are totally presh!!!)  I loved the way it turned out.  That is my sweet Robert in the picture!

Yes, even the mason jar came from the thrift store.  Anytime I see them, I scoop up all they have!  I use them all over my house.  And---they make great containers for gifting!!  I have a little secret as to how the flowers stand up...but that's another post....


1 comment:

  1. Ok....a little PS. When I was preparing another post, I was at Shanty 2 Chic's site....should have known! They are the inspiration for that cute from!!!! In fact, I made one almost identical to their fleur-de-lis frame. So stinkin' cu-UTE!

    ReplyDelete