Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Haven 2012..It's a wrap!


Haven 2012—so much fun!
Now that I’m somewhat rested, I wanted to show pictures from the most AwEsOmE Haven Conference in Atlanta.  It was the best, and I can’t wait until next year!!!

It all started with a festive cocktail party.  It was so fun meeting the “movie stars” of the home diy blogging world.  Yes, I was totally starstruck.  Here I am on the far right with a group of my new friends and Rhoda from Southern Hospitality!
 Up early....I am NOT a morning person...but strangely enough, I had NO Problem getting up.  I was so super excited.....Opening session with Rhoda!
What an inspiration!!!  Then...the rest of the Mavens joined her!  (And, by the way, that is a vocabulary word in our like 5th week.  I am SO going to use these pictures to show what "MAVENS" are.  Look out Bobby Flay and Paula Deen.  They used to be my examples--think they are being replaced!!!! )
Chris from Just a Girl, Rhoda, Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick, Kristi from Creative Kristi, Marian from Miss Mustard Seed, Beth from Home Stories A to Z, and Traci from Beneath My Heart.  (For my friends who are reading this to be nice---go check out their blogs.  These ladies are who I aspire to be!!!)  Oh---sorry about the 2 heads in the way.  I know--I should have stood up to take the pic!

Ding Ding Ding--Main Event....John & Sherry from Young House Love....they shared their blogging story.  They are totally cool, so funny, and have a beautiful family.  The BEST part--they get to work from home (play in paint and home decor and write!) and raise their little girl together!!  How amazing is THAT?!?!

(Yes, I know.. not a great shot--but they are A---MAZING!!!)

My first "official" session was about....BLOGGING!!  
The funniest thing...these 5 women busted out with a little..."I LIKE Big Blogs and I cannot lie."  If you were around in the late 80's/early 90's...you know what I'm talking about....

Then....duh duh duh duh (my silly attempt at "heralding")...MISS MUSTARD SEED.  She totally wore her painting clothes for us!!  She is as precious as you would expect her to be--and this girl knows what she is talking about!!!   One of those moments that I wish my Momma had been able to be with me---she would have totally taken her to lunch, and probably shopping, too!
She gave us a sneak peak of her new milk paint line she is coming out with.  The names of the colors are totally presh---Miss Mustard Seed yellow, tricycle red, ironstone, grain sack.  The packaging is super cute too!  I can't wait to get some!!!  Maybe Santa will bring me some....Hint, Hint, Honey!!!

This is us at breakfast the next morning....such a sweet girl.  I wish she lived closer--I would love to hang with her!

After breakfast, I was off to a session with none other than Mr. Goodwill Hunting.  A man that goes thrifting---so cool!!  He is so stinkin' funny.  I invited him to come thrifting in the 'Ham with me and my thrifting buddies!!!  
That about wraps it up!!  I was so inspired--and in awe of these amazing women (and a few men, too!) who are creating their spaces in their own styles and for their families.   The sponsors were so fantastic--Home Depot, Ryobi, Rustoleum, Frog Tape, Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Moen, Minwax, PurBond, Kreg--and so many others!!!
(This was one of the centerpiece groupings.  Rustoleum...you ROCK!)  Right after I took this picture, I got to meet the girls who "I wish lived closer because I would totally want to be their best friend", the Shanty 2 Chic girls!  



1 comment:

  1. Hey, LeAnn, so glad you were at Haven! Wasn't it amazing? We are still on cloud 9 from it all & have loved reading all the recaps. Thanks for telling me where you live. J&J was one of my fave stops when I lived in B'ham. Now I've got plenty of others over here in GA too. Thanks so much for supporting all of us bloggers & Haven!! We hope to do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete